Your college degree may well be the most important financial investment you’ll make before buying your first house. What’s worse, very few people are there to really advise students about the best degrees and colleges for them. All colleges want you to apply, but they won’t be telling you about your real chances of being admitted, the real income you can earn with that degree, or the amount of debt you’ll be in when you graduate.
Our services are here to make your choices transparent, and to make sure you understand that you do have choices. There are many good paths to a degree, one or two best ones, and certainly a few worst ones. And, most importantly, there are many good degree choices for you given your unique blend of interests and strengths.
Furthermore, the process of applying to colleges, selecting a major, and finding funding can be a daunting one. Whether you’re considering college for the first time, thinking about changing colleges, or thinking about graduate school, we’re here to help you with every aspect of the college application process, including
- Help writing a compelling application essay. Get the attention of college admissions officers to improve your chances of admission.
- Help applying for financial aid. We can sit down with you and walk you through the application process step by step, or we can serve as a paid preparer for your financial aid application. Please note that you can always apply for state and federal financial aid yourself for free by filling out the FAFSA online. You never need anyone to do it for you.
- Help finding other scholarships. State and federal financial aid is not the only aid out there.
- Choosing the major that’s best for you, based on BFEC’s proprietary college major selection questionnaire. We’ll also provide information about the kinds of jobs associated with the major and the income associated with those jobs.
- Estimating the return on investment for your degree at different colleges. In other words, we’ll help you understand how much your degree will pay you back compared to the amount it will cost you.
- Help avoiding student loan debt. If you plan now, you can eliminate or reduce student loan debt.
- Choosing the best college for you. We’ll help you figure out your acceptance odds for at least three different colleges or universities, weigh the pros and cons of each, figure out which is best for your major, and help you figure out which will be the best fit for you personally.
- Requesting recommendation letters. How to help your teachers and administrators write the best letters of recommendation possible for you.
- Help understanding the application process. We will demystify the application process and help you understand what you are being told.
- Planning now for graduate school. Taking the right courses early on can help you quite a bit later.
- Planning your future courses. If you know your major, we can help you plan your courses so that you can graduate on time.